Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Virus: chapter 2

Chapter II

Shadix

“YES! YESYESYES! He signed up! Wa-hoo!” Kiihka had no idea what he was getting himself into. When Shadix arrived, he wasn’t what Kiihka had expected.
“You know that weapons longer then 8” are suppose to be kept in you cabin?” Kiihka said to Shadix after the first few days. Instead of saying something like “Oh, I didn’t know”, he stooped down to the little Matoran and said:
“I’m going to keep it outside of my cabin unless I go into my cabin. Then it comes into my cabin because I’m in the cabin. I keep my weapon on my at all times.”
“Well, that’s violating the… uh… rules.”
“Whose rules? Yours or the law?”
“Well… um… mine”
“Then may I strongly suggest you let me keep my weapon on me.”
Later, Shadix and Kiihka butted heads again.
“Hey! No food in the cabins!”
Shadix looked up from his research lab.
“What did you say?”
“No uh… food in the cabins.”
“Let me ask you something: if you knew today was your day on earth, what would you do differently? Especially if, by doing something differently, today might not be your last day on earth.”
Kiihka was beat again. Finally, Kiihka tried to gain a little ground.
“I could kick you out of the camp for violating so many of my rules.” Then it hit him. Wrong word choice.
“You could kick me out. But would you? I really doubt it. A Matoran like you can’t push a Toa like me, or any Toa out of this camp.”
Kiihka was not getting ground. He knew that Tanma and Photok were on his side (unless it came to the ‘Turbo Tazor light eliminator 15000’), but at the rate he could be completely be pushed out of the camp! The thought of losing his power was too much.

Something snapped.

Now he was determined to kick Shadix out of the camp. He went over to talk to Tanma and Photok.
“Guys, I need your help.”
“With what?” Said the perky Tanma.
“You know Shadix has been breaking a lot of rules lately?”
“Yeah…” They both said.
“I’m kicking him out. Undoubtedly he will fight. I need you too to take him on, and drive him out.”
“What! You want me to fight my friend? Kiihka, seriously, forcing him out is one thing. Fighting him is a whole different topic!” Tanma said.
“Do it, or I’ll force you out to. Photok? Any questions?”
“I really want to stay here, but I’m not fighting him. Have you seen his training stats?!” Photok said.
“I own his stats! I know he’s strong! That’s why you two are fighting him, not me.”
“Fine! I’ll fight him, only if he starts the fight.” Tanma said, reluctantly.
“Same here… I guess.” Photok said.
“Good! I’ll go talk to him now. You guys sneak up behind him if he says ‘no’ to going.”
“Sneak up behind him! No way!” Tanma said.
“You want to stay here, or leave with Shadix?”

“Shadix! Hey Shadix! I want to talk to you.”
“What, Kiihka?”
“Well, since you’ve been breaking a lot of my rules, I’m gonna have to ask you to leave.”
“No! C’mon, a rule about food in your cabin is kinda—“ But Shadix never finished what he was gonna say. A Blade was put to his neck.
“Go on. Just leave.” A voice said from behind.
“Tanma! I didn’t think you would make friends with this crazy Matoran!”
“He’s got a point…” Photok said.
“Just… leave.” Tanma said.
“NO!” Shadix said. He did a back flip, so the dagger only slid down his chest armor. He whipped out his sword and blocked a blow from Tanma. To counter it, he spun his curved blade around, making it tricky to hold for Tanma. Then, with a fast movement he slammed he knee into Tanma’s hand, smashing and twisting it against the force of the sword. Tanma cried out and let go of his weapon at once. Shadix spun around only the duck under Photok’s duel-sided axe. Then Shadix let go of his weapon and jumped to the ground. Using his arms, he launched himself backwards and toward Photok. Shadix’s feet hit Photok in the chest hard, hard enough to knock him down. Then Shadix picked up his weapon again. He looked up just in time to dodge an arrow from Kiihka.
“Coward! Your henchmen come up from behind, and I beat them. Then you try to kill me from the side!”
With that, Shadix lunged at Kiihka. With a sweep with his sword, the cross bow was cut in half. He grabbed Kiihka and threw him backward. At this point Photok and Tanma were not happy. They both got up and attacked Shadix from opposite directions. Shadix jumped up in the air and simulated a running process, kicking both Tanma and Photok in the face twice. They both stumbled back. Now Tanma’s anger was on full fury. He was mad at Kiihka for manipulating him into fighting a friend, and now he was angry with a friend for fighting back so hard. He picked his sword up and now had one idea: to kill Shadix, or Kiihka, depending on who got in his way first. Right now, Shadix was in his way.
“You die now!” Tanma cried out. He lunged at Shadix’s back. Shadix turned around to block the blow, knee Tanma in the gut, and kick him backward. But instead of spending a few seconds recuperating from the blow, he instantly shot at Shadix again. Now it was hand-to-hand combat. Both swords flashed brightly in the afternoon sun. Tanma had the advantage of anger and that the sun was to his back, but Shadix knew how to fight very skillfully. Each blow Tanma threw was blocked, and sometimes countered by Shadix. But Shadix didn’t get many hits on Tanma at all. But then Tanma did something kind of stupid that cost him. He raised his sword above his head, intending to strike from the top. Shadix took the opportunity to smash into Tanma’s chest with his shoulder. This knocked Tanma backward, and he dropped his weapon. Shadix held his blade to Tanma’s neck.
“Surrender?” Shadix said. But right then he looked up and got plowed down by Photok
“’Surrender’? You nut! We’re Toa! We never give up!” Photok said.
“You’ll eat your words. I’m a Toa, too!” Shadix said. Photok was on top of his chest, straddling him. Shadix (being VERY agile) reached back with his legs and wrapped them around Photok’s neck and pulled him off. Tanma had gotten up and swung his sword at Shadix. He dodged it and grabbed his own weapon and started fighting both at the same time. He cut the head off Photok’s axe, making it useless. Then he did a jump-kick attack were he spun his whole body around so his feet collided into Tanma. Tanma was forced backwards, giving Shadix some time to push Photok to the ground.
“Why? Why do you want to kill me?” Shadix said to the charging Tanma. Tanma didn’t answer. But Shadix raised his leg and kicked. This proved to be very bad. Tanma grabbed his leg and twisted it, making Shadix fall down. Shadix was on his chest, so he tried doing the same trick he’d done to Photok. He launched himself up and toward Tanma. Tanma moved out of the way, but Shadix gained his balance, standing up. But right before Shadix was going to attack, something metal hit him hard in the face. Everything started going black.
Kiihka had tied a heavy weight to a rope that was going over Shadix’s head. So Kiihka threw the weight, and it came and hit Shadix in the head. Kiihka was hoping this would kill him, but it didn’t. But it was making everything go black for Shadix.
“Now who’s so strong, little Toa?” Tanma said to the fading Shadix.
“Throw him out!” Kiihka said.
Then everything went black.

Wirlwind is the newest of my companies